I woke up blinked my eyes and it’s almost October by now! Can you believe it?! I’m running against time. This past week has been so busy – I've been working on many different things at the same time. But let’s leave that for another occasion.
Ahhh Pancakes! If you know me from Instagram you perhaps noticed I’m addicted and in love for good breakfasts and that I’m particularly well-known for my pancakes. I’m a morning person and breakfast is exceptionally significant for me. After all it’s the most important meal and I’m a firm believer that it can influence your mood for the rest of the day. As I don’t like to get stuck with only a type of pancakes I’m always testing new things! You can count with lots of them, including vegan. In the meantime I decided to start with these oatmeal and chocolate ombré pancakes. It’s like dessert for breakfast but in a healthy way.
I love the texture and the gradation of colors here. They’re irresistible and I ended up eating some while I was making the others (oops!).
Let’s have some pancakes, shall we?
(Makes about 14 small pancakes)
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1 cup Almond drink
- 50g Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 2 Biological eggs
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Additional almond drink
- Coconut oil for frying
- Fresh raspberries
- Raspberry jam
- Melt the chocolate in water bath over a medium heat. Set aside and let it cool.
- Split the vanilla pod in two halves and scrap the seeds.
- Whisk the eggs, the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla seeds and the almond drink until smooth.
- Divide the pancake mix into three bowls. Pour 1/3 of melted dark chocolate into one bowl (light chocolate layer) and the rest on other bowl (dark chocolate layer). Add some milk and whisk. The bowl without chocolate is the white layer.
- Heat a frying pan and grease it with a little coconut oil. Fry heaping tablespoons of batter on medium low heat. Flip when bubbles pop and form holes. Serve with raspberry jam and fresh raspberries.
Enjoy! Patrícia x